Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Inside Out

*Spoilers: This post features copious amounts of vomit*

So this past Thursday around 2:30 AM I was sleeping peacefully in my bed, my lovely wife beside me, and then I am startled by someone running into my room yelling "Daddy!". As a side note I startle very easily when I am sleeping and that usually results in me jumping of bed in some kind of action kung fu pose ready to thwart whatever villain has dared entered into my secret sanctum. So, my kung fu pose is met by my 4 year old with the phrase every parents loves to hear at 2:30 AM "My sister is throwing up in her bed!" So off I run into the girls room to find that indeed my 3 year old and her bedding is thoroughly covered in an impressive amount of vomit. So I grab her and take her into the bathroom to start the cleaning process. I peel off the clothes, and start trying to get the huge chunks out of her hair. Soon I am joined by my wife who has settled my 4 year old and helps with the boo placing her in the tub and starts to give her a bath.

I begin the vomit bedding/toy round up. My 4 year old just needs her stuff Ernie and her princess blanket and she is good to go. However the boo requires a minimum of 3 blankets 4 baby dolls/toys and on some occasions a glow stick. One of the greatest rewards/treats she gets is to take something to bed. When cleaning the house and we find some recently lost toy (Lightning McQueen or one of her assorted Green Lanterns) and present it to her the first thing she asks is "Can I take it to bed?" Fortunately tonight only 4 blankets got soiled along with her pj's and 3 baby dolls.

Finally about 3:30 we put both girls back to bed in our room hoping the nights adventures are over. Little did we know this as the opening act to a weeks worth of fun!

6:30 AM Thursday morning we go to get our son out of his room to find that the boo is finally learning to share with him. Only she has shared her stomach bug with him. So we get him out, bath him, and gather up the clothes. I get to work a bit late but by the time I get home everyone is feeling better if a bit worn out. Friday goes by without incident until bed time. My 4 year old starts complaining that her tummy hurts. Yup that's right.

So by 2:30 AM (and why is it always 2:30 AM when kids vomit?) on Saturday morning my 4 year old comes into the room to tell me that she has already thrown up. Fortunatly she had made it to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet all by herself (poor thing) however, she would precede to throw up every hour on the hour until sometime around 12:30-1 that afternoon. She was joined by her father around 10 AM that morning.So at this point it is Saturday around mid day and 4 out of 5 people in our house is going through this nasty stomach bug.

This is not our first stomach bug of the year. It is our 3rd. So by Sunday evening when everyone is finally settled down and all the vomiting mercifully stopped well over 24 hours ago my wife remarks "I must have a cast iron stomach. We've had 3 stomach bugs and I hadn't caught one yet!"

Guess who got sick early this morning? Yup you guessed it! The wife. However, even as I write this she is already feeling better, after all she is a mom and mom's are tough! She recovers faster then all of us and toughs her way through everything. Whenever I am sick I end up looking/sounding like this guy.

So Honey I love you and I hope/pray you feel better soon as the whole house will soon descend into further chaos without you!

Glen

P.S Dear Reader. I apologize for the atrocious grammar, spelling, ramblyness and fictional words in this particular post. My editor is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment