Monday, April 1, 2013

Who are you praying for?

Yesterday I watched the Duke vs Louisville game. I saw the gruesome injury Kevin Ware sustained to his leg and I felt sorry for him. I prayed for him. Then, I began to see many people posting on facebook about how horrible it was, how awful it was, how it make them sick to their stomach. I saw groups popping up asking for prayer and giving updates. I saw an outcry for this man with a broken leg. A broken leg. Not a life threatening injury. A painful one, yes. A career ending one, probably not.

I've continued to see the posts today and I can't help but think, where is the outcry for the widows and orphans? Where is the call to prayer for the human trafficking victims? Where are the prayers for the broken, the abused, and the addicts? There are people dying of starvation in a world of total excess. There are children enslaved in our "land of the free." There are men and women risking their lives to protect this great country. Where are the prayers for them? Where are the facebook posts? Where is the outcry? Who is going to get on their knees and intercede for them?



How about we pray for this little guy who is fighting for his life?
 
He is 2 weeks old and just had open heart surgery. You can read more about his story here.







How about we pray for those who don't have basic necessities?







 
You can sponsor kids to help them get food, clean water, clothes and education through World Vision.






How about prayers for those who are enslaved and for those trying to free them?






Can you take a few minutes to get on your knees for this sweet family in the process of adoption?
Jeremy and Shelly 
Here is their story.




Friends, the needs of this world are overwhelming. It makes my heart hurt. It is almost guaranteed that I will cry when I open our world vision statement each month. I feel so inadequate. But our God is big. He can handle broken legs. He can handle the horrible, the awful, and the gruesome. He cares about each of these needs, and He cares about you just as much. I'm glad that people rallied around Kevin Ware to show love and support, but please don't forget the least of these. Don't forget your own family. Don't forget your neighbors. They need our prayers too.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment