Thursday, August 22, 2013

Be The Gift!

Five years ago tonight I was nesting.

Cleaning out a spare room for a church yard sale. Glen was playing poker with the guys. I was timing contractions.

We'd taken the classes. We'd set up the nursery. We'd had the shower. Pink. Lots of pink.




We were ready. And so NOT ready.

At 1am my water broke and I texted him. And I texted again. Then I called. I texted his friends.  And I called again. So then I called the house where they were playing poker. And then it finally dawned on him and he called back.
It's time.
Really?
Really.
I'm on my way!!!

9 hours later we welcomed this perfectly plump pink 9lb 2oz baby girl into the world.

Madison Hope Newsome. A gift.




And then a crazy happy busy year flew by. And she sat. And she crawled. And she walked. And it was a gift.





 Another year.  And she gave hugs. And she gave kisses. And she said "I love you." And it was a gift.






And she grew. And tried new things. And went new places. It was a gift.





And she danced. And she loved. And she fished. And it was a gift.





Five fast funny fantastic years. . . And she is a gift.







Thank you Lord for this silly, sweet, fun loving, chocolate eating, my little pony watching, fancy nancy reading, kind, confident, rock star.

Tomorrow in honor and celebration of Madison's 5th birthday and to share the gift of Jesus love we're going to be the gift. And we're so excited!


 Please Lord help us to offer hope and be a light in the darkness for you. 

Won't you join us in celebrating Madison's birthday tomorrow by doing something kind for someone else?  And please share your experiences with us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment