Sunday, June 16, 2013

Motivation Monday x5

It's here again, Monday. ugh. Glen goes back to work. The kids are usually extra crazy. I have to think and plan everything that is going on for the week: meals, travel, appointments, childcare, etc. And well, let's be honest I'm not a very good planner, because I'm a procrastinator. As evidenced by Monday morning "planning" sessions rather than over the weekend or at the beginning of the month. Anyway.

1. For those of you who know me, you know I LOVE chocolate. I may actually be in love with chocolate. Me and chocolate go way back. Though, we have a love/hate relationship. I love to eat it, but I hate the consequences of eating too much. Well, just don't eat too much, you say.  It isn't that easy. Like I said, we have a relationship. Which is obviously the problem, but I'm in love. I don't want to break up. It hurts. However, tonight instead of having a second (or third or fourth) one of these warm gooey ohsoyummy father's day brownies. . .


I put on these . . .


And ran (and walked) around the neighborhood. 2.12 miles to be exact. It was slow and it was hard, but it was farther than last week!  


2. We have so many toys. so.many.toys. I feel like I'm constantly throwing out, giving away, sorting, organizing, and putting away toys. Well, I feel like that, because I am. But anyway. Here are some cool "non toys" to keep the littles occupied. I don't have an adorable picture of the kids playing in a cardboard box, so here's one I found via the google machine.











3. Sunday was Father's day. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and daddy to our kids. As I was reading this post I couldn't help, but think of him. Love you, hon! Mimi helped the littles and I make plaster hand molds and the girls made these adorable cards in their Wednesday night class at church. Thanks Mimi and Susan!




4. Authentic. Genuine. Sincere. Real. Does your life reflect these qualities? This is a good read about the mind-set of atheist American college students and how they came to choose and embrace atheism. Though it's long, it's worth it. Be real.







5. I'm loving this song right now. I love how Madison randomly sings it, especially the "If I had no voice, if I had no tongue, I would dance for you like the rising sun. And when that day comes and I see your face I will shout your endless glorious praise!" Melts.my.heart. Sadly, I also think of sweet baby Caleb when I hear this song. I can only imagine this is the only hope his parents are clinging to right now. Please continue to pray for him. He needs a miracle.





No comments:

Post a Comment