Monday, June 10, 2013

Motivation Monday x5


As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Mondays are crazy. Pure crazy chaos. Today, there was a well child check, which means getting everyone up, fed, dressed, and loaded up in the pouring rain to be somewhere at a certain time. It's like a bad joke I played on myself, I mean I scheduled the appointment! Then there was loading/unloading at the doctors office, loading/unloading at walmart, and then unloading at home in the pouring rain with 3 wet cranky kids. Anyway. The rest of the day was pretty good with only moments of craziness.

So if you're like me and you need a little pick me up, here are 5 things that motivated me today.

1. Who wants to exercise on Monday?? Not me. And for far to long I've made many excuses not to. But today I did it! I squeezed in 1.5miles in between rain showers and dinner and bedtime routines. It wasn't much, but it was a start! 100 Reasons You Should Work Out - Thanks Stacy!

 Photo



2. I have a few self image issues (who doesn't?). I read this over the weekend and it gave me some perspective. I want my girls to grow into intelligent, confident, loving, kind, compassionate and courageous women. I want them to love themselves, because they are God's creation and they are loved. When you're mother says she fat. Learning to love myself because He does!



3. Despite the rain and the cranky kids, I am so.very.thankful to have a WELL child check to go to. Many of you know I've been praying for, talking about, asking you to pray for baby Caleb for months now. He had open heart surgery yesterday and was placed on ECMO (heart/lung bypass life support) afterward. There has not been much change today, but that means that nothing is worse. Please continue to pray for this little guy. You can follow him on facebook here.


Photo: Still doing pretty well. 
We continue to be optimistic. Caleb's heart rate and blood pressure have improved some. His chest tube leakage is about the same. They plan to let him rest tonight and then start weaning him off of the ECMO tomorrow.

Pray for sweet, healing rest for Caleb tonight and that his heart and lungs would be able to take back over their responsibility for his body. As we wean him, we will also find out if his surgery is going to work or if he needs them to go back in and add a shunt. Please, please pray that they won't have to take him back to the OR and that his heart will respond perfectly to the major changes it underwent.

A couple of months ago when Caleb had his first open heart surgery they had to leave his chest open. We could see his heart beating inside of him for 5 days before they were able to close him up. We thought we'd never have to see him this way again as we were hopeful that he'd be able to come back sewn up in subsequent surgeries. It's so hard to once again find myself staring inside the chest at my precious boy's beating heart who was smiling and snuggling in my arms just a few days ago. What a testimony of God's grace and miraculous hand in his life this child is going to have. 

Even though it may be weeks before I get to hold him again, I'm soaking in all the hand holding and head rubbing I can get. Love this incredible gift!



4. THIS. I.love.this. For all my readers with kids, this is for you! 23 Exceedingly Helpful Tips For Maintaining Your Sanity While Living With Children. I especially love numbers 1-4 and 13. Whats your favorite? Thanks Sarah!






 
5. A little grace for now. 
Beautiful.
Calm Down.
Relax. 
Slow Down. 
Enjoy.








Happy Monday Everyone!!

Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment