Sunday, December 20, 2015

One Week

By Popular request I tried to journal the rest of week one. For the record I have no idea how Lindsey ever got anything done across the last 3 years.



Tuesday
After the relative success of monday I was looking forward to tuesday. Tuesday didn't have co-op or a trip to the grocery store. All we had to do was go to Spanish Club at 10AM which is about 5 minutes down the road from us and Lindsey didn't have to be at work until 8:30AM which meant I had her help a bit longer in the morning. I was looking forward to Tuesday.

The same way someone looks forward to a monopoly game at a family get together. You know at Thanksgiving, the food is eaten, you don't like football so you break out monopoly. You have the time and the people you might even finish a game! Everyone is excited at first, you select your piece, get your money handed out to you and you even get a property or two that you wanted. However, like all monopoly games, it always ends like this.




That was Tuesday.


Wednesday
Wednesday I woke up at 5:30 with really good intentions of getting an early start on the day! I was going to shower, have coffee, some quiet time with a devotional and zzzzzz. Then it was 7AM and Anna was taping me on the face letting me know it was time to get up. In all honesty I was still pouting from yesterday's disaster of a day. I sat next to Sam and Lindsey on the couch and Sam is frustrated that he's not hitting a home run every time in his game. Then the following conversation occurs.

Sam: Oh Man! I never hit a home run!
Me: You can't hit a home run every time Sam.
*Wife gives me the look*
Me: Which is a lesson your dad needs to learn also.

I did not make the mistake this time of attempting to make breakfast, dress everyone, and do home school all before having to be somewhere at 10AM again like yesterday. We'll do school in the afternoon. It appears that being a Stay at Home Dad that Home Schools is a marathon not a sprint.

We went to Cambridge Hills as part of our 4H group to sing Christmas carols and hand out gifts to all the residents. As an added bonus, one of the residents is my mother. Lindsey was able to join us today since she didn't have to go into work until later. I was so proud of all the kids going from room to room handing out presents, singing their hearts out and giving hugs. If you ever want a blessing come with me to Cambridge sometime and meet some of the people there.


4H Group at Cambridge


We got home, we eat lunch, Lindsey goes to work and I start school with the kids. I also have to make more coffee because I can barely keep my eyes open at this point. We finish school and Lindsey comes home early since her training class was cancelled. I snuggle on the couch with Anna and apparently fall asleep for 45 minutes. We then head off to church for the night.

As a side note: I preach most Wednesday nights at Antioch. You are welcome to come and join us anytime or you can watch a replay of the service here. Most recent sermon: Can Santa be Saved?


Thursday
Here it comes! The longest day yet! Lindsey is working 11-12 hours today! She heads out the door at 7:30. At least I was able to get a shower before she leaves. I start on breakfast. You know just keeping these kids fed is pretty much a full time job. How can people so small eat so much food? And then still be hungry 30 minutes later? I think Food Lion & Coscto should open a special VIP lane for us.

We do homeschool during Squishy's nap and then when he wakes up we head to Cambridge to visit mom. I try to visit her 3-4 times a week if I can. It's nice now that I can see her more frequently and take the kids with me.

After Cambridge we head to the bank and in the bank parking lot I reach for the diaper bag which is not in the van. It's still at Cambridge. This makes the 3rd time I have forgotten this bag in 4 days. I really need to figure out a system for not forgetting the bag. At least I hadn't forgotten any kids yet. We leave the bank and I run back into Cambridge to get the bag. We get home and its 12:30 and no one has had lunch yet.

I feed them, put squish down for a nap and attempt school. Attempt is a good choice of words because it wasn't really all that successful. Anna shuts down on me frustrated at her sight words and Madison wants to do Anna's work for her, because it's easier, but under the guise of helping her sister. I call it early and say we will pick up again on Friday.

Dinner. Oh wait my wife isn't home and I have to fix dinner and we need to go to the grocery store. What do I find on Twitter? 50% Online Papa Johns! Dinner is saved! Night time activities? Pizza and Christmas Movies! Lindsey gets home about 8 and the kids were in bed successfully a few minutes before. I made it! She doesn't have to work again until Monday!





One week down a life time to go. Praise the Lord. 


Pastor Glen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment