Monday, December 14, 2015

Day One






It's day one of the rest of my life
It's day one of the best of my life
I'm marching on to the beat of a brand new drum
Yeah, here I come
The future has begun
Day one" - Matthew West - Day One
Our last post was our most popular one ever. In fact it had double the amount of views then our previous most popular. That was the one where we announced our role reversal. My last day with Spuntech was Monday Nov 30th. They gave me a very nice farewell party.



Lindsey's first day with PMH was today Monday Dec 14th. If you notice there's a two week gap in there. It was quite lovely. Lindsey got to show me the ins and outs of being the one at home with the kids. However, there's not really a lot of time during the day where we are actually at home. There is CO-OP, Spanish Club, 4H, Swim Lessons not to mention trips to the grocery store, bank, park, library, etc. When we are home there is Laundry, Dishes, play time, breakfast/lunch to be made, as well as Home Schooling via the Piney Grove Academy.

I made one very crucial discovery about a week into this. I need an espresso machine. I guess these will do for now.



If you would like to purchase an Espresso Machine for the Piney Grove Academy you can do so here:

http://bit.ly/1NtFZIs

Ok so technically it's a coffee bar. It's all about the caffeine.

Somewhere around Thursday of last week I crashed just from exhaustion and my very gracious wife allowed me a 4 hour nap. Yes, 4 hours. In all fairness I was exhausted when I started and our schedule is particularly busy in December, however Lindsey was doing all the things I was and I simply could not keep up.



Stay at home parents, teachers, people who somehow operate on little to no sleep consistently, I salute you all.

Today being Lindsey's First day with PMH was considered day one for our new normal. I woke up at 6:30 and started getting ready. Lindsey was already up since she had to be at orientation at 8AM. I was able to get in a shower and got up to find the girls already awake and on the couch watching Odd Squad. Love that show. I watch even if they aren't here.

We got everyone sorted for Breakfast and I started making sure everything was set and packed for Co-Op. By 7:40 lindsey was out the door for work. Deep Breathe. This is it!

By 8AM Mr. Squishy had already drank his first bottle of the day. With Squish settled I got everyone dressed, and prepped and int he van 9AM. Co-Op doesn't start until 9:30 so thing were looking good!



On the way to co-op we were playing a game and everyone was cheery. Halfway there I notice a crucial mistake I had made. I forgot to place the diaper bag in the van. Quick U turn to home, run in the house, grab the bag, dash back out and only get to co-op a few minutes late. Co-op starts and right at the beginning of class Mr Squishy becomes Mr. Fussy. I run him up to the nursery where he promptly settles down for the lovely ladies who work there.

After that Class went really well. Sarah was very helpful and kind towards a first time teacher showing me the ropes.



Class ends with no one having glued their hands to their face (myself included!) sounds like success to me.



Co-Op has two classes on monday. For you child to participate you have to teach one class. Then for the second class you can relax in the break room with the other parents. After Class I pick Squishy back up and feed him his second bottle of the day. Milk Comma ensues. I enjoy talking to the other parents and soon. Next thing I know it is noon and Co-Op is over! I let the kids play on the playground a bit and then we have to swing by Food Lion for we are out of a couple of things.



The kids at this point are tired and squish needs a nap. Also, we hadn't had lunch yet. It really sounds like a terrible idea to go to food lion. However, we don't have any milk or cheerios so it can be terrible now or terrible in the morning. I suck it up and decide I gotta do this at some point so why not dive on in.

As a side note, I'm a terrible grocery shopper, or I'm the ideal customer as far as Food Lion is concerned. I go in with no plan, hungry and buy whatever. I had a plan this time! and stuck to it. Also, I bribed the kids with donuts if they helped me.



Squish didn't start fussing until right when we got to the check out line. We got checked out, loaded up and home a bit before 1pm. I fed Squish his third bottle of the day and he promptly took a nap. By time everyone eats lunch and school is done it is 4pm. Lindsey is on her way home! Whew what a day. Praise the Lord. It's day one.

Much love,

Pastor Glen


2 comments:

  1. I keep a bag in the car with wet wipes, extra clothes and a roll of paper towels for the kids, just in case. A day in the life of a "kept" man :-) You'll get used to it, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would laugh at my van...it's my home on wheels. With grandkids subject to stayover or visit, there are always diapers, wipes, cups, and snacks in it along with the prerequisite toys and books. Oh, and don't forget the blankies....

    ReplyDelete