Monday, July 7, 2014

Like no one else




As I’ve mentioned in previous posts I have some anxiety issues. When the anxiety builds it gets hard to eat or sleep or really do much of anything. The most nervous I’ve ever been in my life was roughly the day of my wedding and the few days before it. That was on July 9th 2005 which is 9 years ago this coming Wednesday.

By this point 9 years ago the anxiety was in full swing. The apartment lease was signed and all the furniture was moved in. We had the flowers, the dresses, the tuxes, the food, the venues, the favors, and the very large number of extremely helpful and loving family/friends that were making all those things happen and keeping me and Lindsey sane. Well, at least as sane as they could. 

With everything running smoothly why was I so nervous? Because this lovely woman had agreed to marry me and was following through on it! 




Talk about the grace of God!

By my wedding day I hadn’t really eaten or sleep hardly any in at least two days. I woke up on my own at 6am and could not go back to sleep and this was after not doing to bed until almost 1am. All my stuff was in Greensboro and I was staying with my friend Shea. I went down to this room (while he was still asleep) and started playing his Playstation 2 to try and distract myself.  That worked for about an hour or so and then it stopped being effective. I went ahead and went to the church so I got there about 8:30 or so and didn’t need to be there for several more hours. I don’t remember a ton of what all happened from that point until it was time for wedding other then constantly chanting to myself in my head “don’t throw up, don’t throw up, don’t throw up”. David was so concerned he thought I was going to pass out before the wedding started. He told me “Well if you do pass out in the service, I can catch you with one hand and hold you up since you are so skinny.” Or something very similar to that. 

Finally, after all of that, David said those magic words “All rise” and “Here comes the bride” started playing. I looked at the front of the church and there stood, and who remains to this day, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen walking towards me with the biggest smile. We say “I do” and the next thing I know. It’s been 9 years later and my house is full of these!




 

Want to know a secret? She still makes me nervous. Yesterday at lunch we were eating at bojangles with our church family and we had this brief moment where no one was at our table but the two of us and I remark “It’s kinda like a date?” and she said “So what should we talk about?” and I looked at this beautiful woman whom I wake up to each morning and got super nervous and tongue tied! I love it!

Honey, it’s been such a wonderful 9 years and I pray for many many more. I love you! Happy Anniversary!

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment