Friday, June 13, 2014

What's in Phoenix?

This is not my first blog. In fact, this is my 4.5 blog (myspace only counts as half because of reasons). I first wrote on a website called Opendiary way back from 2000-2002. I wrote several times a week and it was exclusively an evangelical blog with the purpose of spreading the Word of God on the internet. I made several internet "friends" as you might call them and had a good 10-15 consistent readers/followers by the end. I wrote on another site after that but I cannot remember the name and only posted a couple of anonymous frustrating rants on it and promptly quit using it. However, the one I wrote the most to was a website ran my friend Surge. It was titled "www.yomommasteve.com" if you are curious what it looked like you can click here courtesy of the internet archive project.

You are probably wondering where we got the name from. I could take time explaining it but when I was done I'm afraid it would make less sense then it does presently not more. Let's just say it was an obscure joked shared by those of us that wrote on the site (Myself, Surge & Swoosh) and not an insult towards anyone named Steve or their mother.

One of the things we wanted to do on there was create our own web-comic. We had some funny ideas of comics but we were hindered by our laziness and art ability. So, I started practicing in MS Paint. I actually got pretty good at mimicking and modifying stuff in paint. While we were never able to fully create our own comic I did repaint a bunch of comics that were originally done by the fine gentlemen at Penny Arcade. These are mainly posted here for Liz & Jayne since they were the ones that asked about them. Enjoy!

So on the majority of these I didn't do any of the original drawings or the writing. I was just practicing with Paint so I gave one of the characters (Blitz) a spiderman shirt and gave the other (Swoosh) blonde hair. I also did the shirts for Hitman & Surge.

I did a little bit of the writing on this one.


Only changed hair color on this one.

While I didn't write this.
It's close to an actual conversation between my wife and Shea.




I wrote this one!


I also wrote this one!


I was 23 and heavily into Beyblade. I am not proud of this.
However, we all can agree on Krispy Kreme.

1 comment:

  1. We tried to tell ourselves we were heavy into Beyblade ironically, but that doesn't really count for much, especially considering we actually spent money on it.

    ReplyDelete