Monday, May 9, 2016

The Madness and the Blessing.

Hello Everyone!

I hope all is well. Happy Belated Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies out there! Also, thanks to Kathy & Stephanie who both gave me mothers day presents on Sunday. They both told me "Well your Mr. Mom so here you go!"  For those wondering I got a Dr. Who Coloring Book and a Macho Man Randy Savage T-Shirt! I need to go get me a cowboy hat, a slim jim and some huge sunglasses!
 OHHHHH YEAH!! DIG IT!


8 years ago this August I met this wonderful little lady. Our first born, Madison. Being there in the delivery room while she was born was a miraculous event and I'm still amazed about it to this day.


It was love at first sight! I remember finding out Lindsey was pregnant Christmas Eve 2007. I was so nervous and excited. I have been praying for Madison ever since! Then a few weeks ago something equally wonderful happened. I watched her be born for a second time.




Me and Madison prayed for her to accept Jesus into her heart sometime earlier in the year. I told her that the next step was baptism. However, she was very afraid of getting in front of everyone and having her head go under water. I told her that I would never make her do it and that she would let me know when she was ready. I let her know that when she is ready she wouldn't be able to stay out the baptismal! That her love for Jesus would outgrow her fear. Shortly after spring break she told me she was ready. She was excited. She was telling everyone she could!

It was a blessing! I'm not really sure what I said while I was up there. I felt like I was babbling incoherently. I wanted to thank so many people that I would have been up there the entire service ! Her grandparents, her Sunday School Teachers, her Wed Night Teachers, the pastoral staff at ABC. So many others that took time from their lives to pour love into hers. It's a massive conspiracy of love. This is what the church looks like. People loving the Lord and loving their neighbor. Thank you all.

Pastor Glen



No comments:

Post a Comment